Fulltime, ongoing role
Commencing Term 1 2023
International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
The School has a new, award winning Bibliothèque which provides a Preschool to Year 12 library and learning hub to inspire a deep love of reading and of research, and to build the intellectual life of our School.
Working as part of our IT Team, this exciting, full time, ongoing role based in the Bibliothèque will commence as soon as practicable.
Our Digital Learning Specialist will bring expertise, enthusiasm and experience to facilitating ICT implementation to promote and support authentic, high quality teaching and learning across the School.
They will enhance our vision to further the effortless, effective and engaging use of the School’s Learning Management Systems (LMS) and other digital platforms through actively collaborating with teaching staff to build capability.
They will be deeply involved in the creation of rich educational media content, templates and structures for our learning communities across a wide range of educational media.
The successful applicant will hold:
- outstanding qualifications in ICT and/or graphic design
- previous educational experience in supporting ICT and learning design needs
- a passion for digital learning and skill in using Learning Management Systems (LMS) effectively in blended learning environments
- strong ability to build teachers’ capability in integrating technology, and LMS
- sound knowledge of student device platforms, software and hardware, to facilitate enhanced student learning outcomes
- highly effective skills for teamwork and life-long learning.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications, training and transcripts, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- proof of identity will be required
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy
Closing Date: 4pm, Friday 3 March 2023
- applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date. Please note the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
- applications received after the closing date and time, may not be accepted
- IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.