Full-time, ongoing position T4 2022
International Grammar School is a secular coeducational school located across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. We educate 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 in a unique multilingual environment.
We are seeking to appoint an exemplary Design and Technology Teacher, commencing as soon as possible for Term 4 2022, or Term 1 2023 by negotiation.
To be successful in this role, you will have a passion for Design and Technology education and a strong understanding of the NESA Design and Technology Curriculum. You will be an innovator in your field, with the ability to develop and deliver engaging lessons that inspire a love of learning in your students from Stages 4 to 6. You will bring experience and expertise in the teaching of Stages 4 and 5 Design and Technology. Experience in the teaching of Textiles and Design and woodwork, would be an advantage.
As an outstanding Teacher, with a strong academic background, you will be an exemplary role model of professionalism and collegiality, performing your role with creativity, enthusiasm and energy.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- NESA Accreditation number and details
- NESA Summary Statement
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- evidence of Band 3 classification, as applicable
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy.
Closing Date: Friday 16 September 2022
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date (and please note, the position may be filled prior to the closing date).
- Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.