International Grammar School is a secular coeducational school located across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. We educate 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 in a unique multilingual environment.
We are seeking to appoint an exemplary Textiles and Design Teacher, commencing as soon as possible for Term 3 2022.
To be successful in this role, you will have a passion for Textiles and Design education and a strong understanding of the NESA Design and Technology Curriculum. You will be an innovator in your field, with the ability to develop and deliver engaging lessons that inspire a love of learning in your students from Stages 4 to 6. You will bring experience and expertise in the teaching of Stages 4 and 5 Design and Technology. Experience in the teaching of Visual Arts and/or Textiles and Design would be an advantage.
As an outstanding Teacher, with a strong academic background, you will be an exemplary role model of professionalism and collegiality, performing your role with creativity, enthusiasm and energy. Experience in teaching Visual Arts and/or Design and Technology would be advantageous.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- NESA Accreditation number and details
- NESA Summary Statement
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- evidence of Band 3 classification, as applicable
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy.
Closing Date: Wednesday 15 June 2022
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date (and the position may be filled prior to the closing date).
- Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.