International Grammar School is a secular coeducational school located across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. We educate 1300 preschool to Year 12 students in a unique multilingual environment.
This position will commence from Term One 2023, or earlier by negotiation. The Deputy Principal Academic will be responsible for leading teaching and learning across the School with a strong and direct focus on Stages 4-6, and will ensure that daily academic operations are optimally designed and utilised for the benefit of all students and teachers in
this vibrant and progressive learning environment, and in keeping with the School’s Strategic Plan: Into the World 2022-2026.
The successful applicant will be a creative, energetic and inspiring educational leader with a love of teaching and learning, deep knowledge and understanding of the NSW curriculum and a proven record as a collaborative, inclusive and effective leader of people and of change. They will be a strategic systems’ thinker, a skilled communicator, highly creative and flexible, and with an appetite for the broad scope and the complexities of the role of Deputy. They will have the capacity and willingness to grow and learn in the role. They will also build targeted professional learning experiences for teaching staff and continue to build upon excellence in the School’s academic operations, educational programs and student
Postgraduate qualifications in education, leadership, management or a relevant academic field are essential as is successful experience in school leadership.
To apply please:
– address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan
– send your application via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
– a succinct Cover Letter addressing the position requirements
– your current Curriculum Vitae with details of your experience and qualifications
– a statement of educational philosophy
– academic transcripts
– the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
– your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
– copies of related qualifications which may need to be certified and/or translated
– NESA Accreditation number and details, or capacity to attain
– NESA Summary Statement
– as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful
candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
– proof of identity
– evidence of Band 3 classification, as applicable
– COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy
Closing Date: 4pm, Tuesday 4 October 2022
– Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may
commence prior to the closing date
– Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted. IGS reserves the
right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.