International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular coeducational school located across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. We educate 1300 preschool to Year 12 students in a unique multilingual environment.
IGS has a rich performing arts program and many students join our co-curricular music ensembles. With music classes beginning in Preschool, our aim is to provide students with a high quality music education in an energetic and creative environment.
We are seeking to appoint an exemplary Composer in Residence, commencing Term 1 2022, for approximately 8 hours per week, during term time.
The successful candidate will work closely with the Director of Music and classroom music teachers to support and enrich the compositional studies of senior music students. You will also be able to support students who express an interest in this creative pursuit across the Primary School and High School, as well as compose music for School events, as requested by the Director of Music.
As an outstanding Composer with demonstrated experience, you will be an exemplary role model of professionalism and collegiality, performing your role with integrity, enthusiasm and energy.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated.
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the 2021 NSW Public Health Order for Education and Care workers
Closing Date: Wednesday 12 January 2022
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date and the role may be filled prior to the closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date and time, may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.