Rehearsal Time Frame | 6-month engagement (February-August)
International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
We are seeking to engage a Choreographer to join our Artistic and Creative Team for the 2023 IGS Musical Production, working mainly in rehearsal times from February – August.
- Tuesdays and/or Thursdays 12pm-2pm
- Sundays 9am-1pm
Schedule (Term-Time Only)*
● Term 1 | Wks 2-9 (7 Wks)
● Term 2 | Wks 1-10 (9 Wks)
● Term 3 | Wks 1-3 (3 Wks)
*N.B. No scheduled rehearsals during school holidays
The role would suit an experienced and qualified Dance professional; a well-rounded dancer, skilled in a diverse range of styles and recent experience in choreographing specialised routines for both solo and group contexts.
This role requires an individual who is able to impart knowledge, skills and expertise to all students regardless of ability levels. In piecing together a range of dance routines and stage placement in a Musical Theatre context, the successful applicant must excel in innovative dance techniques and ensure that choreography is creative and diverse.
The successful applicant will have
- successful experience in a similar role
- a high level of technical and choreographing skills
- an ability to create concise and high-quality choreography videos for LMS uploads
- capacity to contribute to a positive, encouraging and unified team environment
- a patient, adaptable and nurturing nature, invested in students’ development and fully present in the rehearsal environment
- highly detailed and consistent in work preparation and rehearsal management
- ability to be a role model that inspires our students to reach their goals and aim for excellence
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth.
- copies of related qualifications, training and transcripts, which may need to be certified and/or translated.
- proof of identity will be required
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy
Closing Date: Friday 2 December 2022
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date. Please note the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
- applications received after the closing date and time, may not be accepted.
- IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.