International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique bilingual environment.
We are seeking a qualified and inspiring Science teacher with expertise in teaching Biology. To be successful in the role, you will have a passion for Science education, a strong knowledge and understanding of the NESA Syllabi and the ability to deliver engaging, intellectually rigorous and appropriately differentiated lessons to your students from Year 7 to 12. You will bring capacity to integrate technology in the classroom, to create authentic and meaningful learning experiences.
A strong background and experience in teaching Biology would be an advantage.
To apply for this position, please visit our website, www.igssyd.nsw.edu.au
To apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent employer.
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of birth
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated
- NESA Accreditation number and details
- NESA Summary Statement
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required
- evidence of Band 3 classification, as applicable
- COVID-19 vaccination status in accordance with the current IGS Vaccination Policy
Closing Date: Friday 10 June 2022
- Applications should be submitted as soon as possible, and interviews may commence prior to the closing date and the position may be filled prior to the closing date.
- Applications received after the closing date may not be accepted. IGS reserves the right to appoint, appoint by invitation, or not to appoint.