International Grammar School (IGS) is a vibrant, secular, coeducational school situated across five sites in Ultimo and Glebe. There are 1300 students from Preschool to Year 12 being educated in a unique and vibrant bilingual environment.
We are seeking to appoint a suitably qualified and experienced candidate for the role of Assistant Coordinator of Out of School Hours Care (OSHC) Service. They will be responsible for assisting the Head of OSHC in providing an engaging, high quality service consistent with all aspects of the National Quality Framework. Our services cater for up to 150 children, aged from 5 to 12 years, per week.
This is a full-time, on-going position working:
- Monday to Friday from 8am – 4pm during non-term time; and
- Monday to Friday, initially from 10am – 6pm or during school term-time* *Note: Normal hours may by worked from 6:30am – 6:30 pm with the possible, future commencement of a before school care service.
Supported by the Head of OSHC, the successful candidate will be responsible for the daily operation of the IGS Vacation Care Program and for assisting the Head of OSHC in our OSHC Service as follows:
- During non-term* times they will be responsible for both organising and operating the Vacation Care Program. *2 weeks in April; 3 weeks in June/July; 2 weeks Sept/Oct; 7 weeks Dec/Jan
- During Term time they will assist the Head of OSHC with the coordination of the Primary co-curricular clubs program and assist with vital administrative tasks of OSHC.
- They will assist the Head of OSHC in the research, development and implementation of a new before school program.
- As required, they will act as the Responsible Person in Charge for part of each day and be the Educational Leader.
Essential to the Role:
- Certificate IV in School Age Education and Care (CHC40113) or equivalent, or successfully working towards qualification;
- Current certificates for First Aid, Anaphylaxis Management and Emergency Asthma Management, or willingness to attain;
- Thorough knowledge of the National Quality Framework and Standards with a commitment to implementation;
- Capacity to be the Responsible Person in charge of the Centre;
- Strong ICT skills, particularly in the Google Suite (drive, docs, sheets);
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong organisational and time management skills;
- Effective relationship building / interpersonal skills with a variety of stakeholders; and
- Current Working with Children Check clearance.
- Knowledge of My Time Our Place Framework;
- Demonstrated ability to adapt to changing times and circumstances;
- Experience in developing and critically evaluating teaching and learning programs.
To Apply please:
- address your correspondence to the Principal, Ms Shauna Colnan.
- a succinct Cover Letter, 1 – 2 pages, addressing the position requirements;
- your current CV with details of your experience and qualifications; and
- the contact details for three Referees, including your current or most recent Employer.
You will need to provide:
- your NSW Working with Children Clearance number and your date of b
- copies of related qualifications and training, which may need to be certified and/or translated.
- as applicable, details of your visa or work permit for verification. The successful candidate must have and maintain current working rights in Australia.
- additional proof of identity may also be required.
Closing Date: Monday 16 August 2021