Vilma’s quick and easy tomato pasta sauce.
Che ricetta deliziosa!
Her special tip is to always add pasta to the sauce.
Vilma said the sauce can also be used as a base for other recipes. Add olives and capers towards the end of the cooking time, add your choice of fish fillet, and simmer till cooked.
Serves 4 to 6
1 clove garlic smashed
2 cans of canned diced tomatoes
1 to 1 ½ cups water
Italian parmesan cheese
Basil leaves (keep a few for serving)
- Put 4 tablespoons of oil into large pan on medium-high heat.
- Add the smashed garlic and fry for approximately 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes and water.
- Add basil leaves and salt to taste, then stir and bring to the boil.
- Stir, reduce the heat to medium low and simmer for approximately 15 minutes or until sauce is a rich red and glossy.
Boil your favourite pasta (about 100 grams per person).
Drain, add to the sauce.
Serve, top with basil leaves, parmesan cheese and a drizzle of olive oil.
We thank Vilma for sharing this recipe with the IGS community. Delicious!