“In light of COVID-19, tertiary institutions are reviewing the ways in which they engage with students,” Amelia said.
“Some excellent online events have replaced physical events and careers expos.”
Some online careers ‘events’
- Facebook Live events from The Universities Admissions Centre (UAC)
- Virtual information evenings for year 10 and year 12 students hosted by Universities.
- Check UAC’s key dates page for details.
- Online HSC subject support sessions hosted by universities. View this University of Wollongong example.
- Webinars on various topics including university applications, pathways and scholarships. For example, University of Sydney and UTS virtual careers expos.
Virtual careers expo
The free HSC and Beyond Virtual Careers Expo will be held on two occasions:
Wednesday 21 May to Sunday 31 May
Wednesday 24 June to Sunday 28 June.
Amelia will register for this event on behalf of all Year 12 students. However, if students in Years 10 or 11 would like to join this event, she recommends they or their parents or caregivers register themselves and/or their child via the students’ and parents’ registration link.
Find out about our universities
Amelia will provide virtual presentations to IGS Year 12 students during Tuesdays at lunchtime throughout Term 2 on the following institutions. She will email students a contact link ahead of each meeting.
5 May: Torrens University
12 May: University of New South Wales (UNSW)
19 May: La Trobe
26 May: University of Sydney
2 June: University of Technology Sydney (UTS)
9 June: Australian National University (ANU)
16 June: University of Wollongong (UOW)
23 June: Australian Catholic University (ACU)