I am delighted to share with you the highlights of our HSC students’ outstanding academic success. They have supported one another and worked tenaciously with their teachers to achieve a wonderful collective outcome. Congratulations Year 12! Well done!
Shauna Colnan, Principal
Download our 2016 HSC Results Summary »
2016 HSC Highlights
• 1st place in the State in two languages
• IGS Year 11 student a NSW top achiever in Mathematics
• 5 NSW Top Achievers
• 5 All Round Achievers
• 51 distinguished achievers - awarded 90% or above in at least one course
• 103 honorable mentions for distinguished achievement
•15 Year 11 students completed the HSC in Mathematics. Marks ranged from 83 to 99. Mean 92.
• 4 students accelerated across continuers languages - Japanese, French, Italian & Swedish. Marks ranged from 87 to 93. Mean 89.
• 20 IGS students nominated or selected for exhibitions and showcases
• In the Creative & Performing Arts as well as in Design & Technology, students performed well above the State mean
• In Biology, Chemistry & Physics, students also performed well above the State mean
• IGS above the State mean in 77% of courses
• 100% of our students were in the top two bands in Mathematics Extension 2, Chinese Continuers, French Extension, Italian Continuers, Japanese Beginners, Spanish Extension, Textiles and Design.